IFSA - IFSA Study in LONDON
WHY STUDY IN LONDON?
London is one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world and one of the most popular study abroad destinations. A sophisticated city with endless cultural, historic, artistic, political, and intellectual offerings, it’s also home to many universities scattered throughout different neighborhoods. London’s excellent public transportation system will take you easily from your housing to classes and anywhere else you want to go. The city’s train stations, bus networks, and airports make traveling throughout the U.K. and Europe a snap.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Live and learn in cosmopolitan London with an affordable program that welcomes you to explore relevant topics in politics, economics, business, communications, life science, and social or environmental issues. Round out your UK experience with excursions beyond the city to icons such as Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and Brighton.
You may select five IFSA elective classes. One of those classes may include a credit-bearing internship or directed research.
- Bioinformatics: Technology in the Life Sciences
- Contemporary British Politics: Brexit and Beyond
- Coming Fall 2022 - Directed Research
- Entrepreneurship: Creating a Plan of Action
- Ethical Decision-Making
- Exploring Community & Culture in a Global Context
- Fantasy in the Real World: Literature through the Sociological Lens
- Global Politics of Health and Disease
- Intercultural Communication for the Global Workplace
- Coming Fall 2022 - International Internship Seminar
- International Political Economy
- Performing Arts and Social Change in London
- The Psychology of Crime and Justice in the UK
- Sustainability and the Global City
- Trends Start Here: New Media and Behavior
- Urban Identities: Gender, Race, and Class in London
You may also wish to check out the IFSA Study in London Plus
program. It offers all the same features of the IFSA Study in London program, plus you may enroll in one elective class at a prestigious London institution.
Please note that IFSA Study in London replaces our IFSA London program.
CULTURAL ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITIES & EXCURSIONS
Program activities are designed to enhance your intercultural competence by developing your understanding of the local culture and people. Activities are optional, but they are included in your total program fee. Activities vary each term based on availability, but activities may include:
- London Pandemics - Past and Present
- Doctors Without Borders and Doctors Without Countries
- Community Environment Initiatives & Urban Farming in London
- Homelessness in London - A Dialogue
IFSA excursions are included in your total program fee and though these are optional, most students choose to participate. They vary each term based on availability, but excursions may include:
- City of Bath Tour
- Dover Castle Tour
- Seaside Brighton Trip
- Harry Potter Studio Tour
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN MY IFSA PROGRAM?
||BEGIN YOUR STUDY ABROAD JOURNEY
Choose your ideal program by customizing and personalizing your search filters. Using IFSA’s Global Wayfinder tool, you can find programs by searching beyond location and area of study. Consider aspects such as your day-to-day living experience or your interests to find your ideal program.
Using CHART, you’ll be able to see which classes abroad fit easily into your academic plan. You can also see which classes your home institution has already approved to guarantee that your credits will align.
Apply Online Today.
Our easy online application process is here for you! Simply log in to the IFSA Student Portal and answer questions about yourself to get started. If you get stuck or have questions, reach out to our IFSA team. We’re here to help.
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU
- Academic Support
- Administrative Fees and Applications Fees
- Airport Pickup
- Activities and Excursions (including transportation and meals)
- Guaranteed Housing
- International Medical Insurance
- Internet Access in Housing
- Internship, Directed Research, and Volunteer Opportunities (on many programs)
- Meals (on some programs)
- Official Transcript with U.S. Credit Translation
- On-site Orientation
- On-site Staff Support (including in-person meetings and emergencies)
- Pre-arrival Advising