Programs > Brochure
Study at The University of Mississippi - Exchange and Study Abroad Students
Oxford, United States (Exchange Program) (Incoming Program)
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Non-UM applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.0||Housing Options:||Dormitory, Independent|
|Areas of Study:||See Academics Page||Class Status:||2-sophomore, 3-junior, 4-senior, 5-graduate student, 6-other|
|Program Type:||study abroad||Language of Instruction:||English|
We are excited that you are considering studying at the University of Mississippi. Programs are available throughout the year for the academic year, fall or spring semester, and summer terms. Please speak with the exchange coordinator at your home university before beginning the application process.
Please send student nominations by email to email@example.com before the students apply or shortly after. If the student is being nominated as an exchange student, please let me know. Graduate students should email firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE applying.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONSThroughout the application process you will be asked to provide several documents. Below is a comprehensive list of all documents that will need to be submitted during the application process. An admissions decision and visa support documents cannot be made until the application is complete.
Application Material Checklist:
- UM Online Application
- If you are an undergraduate student or are going to take only undergraduate classes, fill out the undergraduate application. If you are a graduate student who will be taking even one graduate level course, fill out the graduate student application. If you are a graduate student filling out the graduate student application, please make sure you identify yourself as NON-DEGREE SEEKING. This is very important and ensures that your application is processed by the right department. Graduate students should email email@example.com before applying.
- Scan of passport identification page
- Academic Transcript (records) from home university (in English)
- Students with a 2.0 - 2.5 GPA should submit a letter of good standing from their home university
- Proof of English language proficiency*
- Affidavit of Financial Support: FinancialAffidavit.pdf
- Evidence of Sufficient Funds (bank statements/letters; outlined in Affidavit of Financial Support)
- Letter of nomination from your exchange coordinator
- Course Requests
- Graduate Students Only - Email firstname.lastname@example.org before applying. Letter of good standing from current master's program
- Medical Documents: Medical Documents.pdf *Required for course registration, but not admission
Admissions recommendations for TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE-A scores are as follows:
|Admission Recommendation||TOEFL iBT||TOEFL PBT||IELTS||PTE-A||rPDT TOEFL|
|Full Academic Program||79 or above||550 or above||6 or above||53 or above||no section sub score lower than 17|
|Can take academic courses but must enroll in IE 090/091||69 - 78||523 - 549||5.5 - 5.99||47 - 52|
|Full Intensive English Program||68 or below||522 or below||5.49 or below||46 or below|
If you have any questions or concerns about our program or the application process, please contact us at:
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Calendar Year||2019||10/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||01/14/2019||12/14/2019|
|Spring||2019||10/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||01/14/2019||05/11/2019|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.