Susan Scott was the first Director of the Study Abroad Office, and under her guidance and support, The University of Mississippi’s exchange and study abroad programs have grown from serving a handful of students to hundreds of outgoing and incoming students each year.
Susan studied in Grenoble, France, for an academic year as a graduate student and counts it is as one of the most wonderful experiences of her life. As such, Susan’s belief in study abroad being a transformative and valuable experience not only for individual students but the University of Mississippi itself is a lasting contribution to the university’s plans for internationalization. The Study Abroad Office wishes to honor Susan Scott’s contribution to study abroad and internationalization at The University of Mississippi through a merit- and need-based scholarship for semester study. In her name, the Study Abroad Office will provide a small number of up to $1,000 scholarships per academic year beginning in Spring 2016 depending on departmental budget.
- Acceptance by the UM Study Abroad Office to study for at least one semester, preference is given to students studying on an exchange program
- Statement of Purpose:
- Why do you want to study abroad?
- Why have you chosen your country of study?
- What about your chosen program appealed to you? (courses, home stay, etc.)
- How will your experience abroad relate to your personal, academic, and professional goals?
- Follow On Project
- The Study Abroad Office requires a commitment from the student to help promote study abroad upon return. Please submit a proposal for a project to help promote study abroad on campus. This can be a multimedia project, class visits, information sessions, newspaper articles, etc. Feel free to get creative! Think about how you found out about study abroad or what you wish you had known!