Programs > Brochure
IFSA/Alliance Summer in Shanghai
Shanghai, China (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Alliance for Global Education|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Housing Options:||Dormitory, Home Stay|
|Areas of Study:||Asian Studies, Chinese, Culture, Economics, Internships, Sociology||Program Type:||internship abroad, study abroad|
|Language of Instruction:||Chinese, English|
Study Abroad in China with IFSA
About the Program
Spend your summer in China's biggest city and financial center! Over eight weeks you will improve your Chinese language skills and gain a deeper understanding of China's economy, society, and modern worldview. Your Chinese roommate or host family will help you discover all that Shanghai has to offer.
Shanghai has grown exponentially in the last hundred years—from a colonial trading port to a massive international metropolis with a population of 24 million. Known for its fast-paced industry and cosmopolitan vibe, the city is intricately connected with the global flows of commodities and people. It also represents the enormous environmental, economic, and social challenges that are mirrored across China and around the world. Want to study current global issues or the world’s most-spoken language? Shanghai is your city.
- Select any combination of 9 credits: survey Chinese society or economy paired with a Chinese language course or internship, or focus exclusively on intensive language study.
- Dive into the bustling metropolis of Shanghai to explore the major social and economic transformations in Chinese society and practice your Chinese language inside and outside of the classroom.
- Distinguish yourself professionally and network within the Chinese business culture as an intern at a national or multi-national company, arts-related organization, NGO, think tank, or government organization.
- Register for intensive Chinese language to rapidly improve your language skills, live with a host family, and take a language pledge.
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the Next Step!
- Visit our website for more information about our Summer in Shanghai program, including course syllabi, co-curricular activities, student housing, and previous internship placements.
- Contact your Student Services Manager at 800-858-0229 or http://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46224
|Dates / Deadlines:|