|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Housing Options:||Home Stay|
|Areas of Study:||Anthropology, Architectural History, Architecture, Art, Business, Communication, Computer Science, Culture, Design, Economics, Education, Engineering, Film, Geography, History, Humanities, International Relations, Latin American Studies, Law, Liberal Arts, Linguistics, Literature, Mathematics and Statistics, Philosophy, Portuguese, Psychology, Sciences, Social Work, Sociology, Urban Design, Urban Studies||Class Status:||2-sophomore, 3-junior, 4-senior|
|Program Type:||study abroad||Language of Instruction:||English, Portuguese|
CIEE Liberal Arts Program in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Just like the U.S., Brazil is a melting pot of cultures – a nation of immigrants who infused society with a colorful multicultural and multiethnic tapestry with influences from native Brazilians, Portuguese, and Africans. You’ll study this tapestry, and become part of it yourself, on CIEE’s Liberal Arts program in Rio de Janeiro. A rigorous language program, engaging courses, homestays, and cultural activities bring you into the depths of this exciting metropolis and the gorgeous landscapes that lie beyond.
Study abroad in Rio and you will:
- Study abroad in one of the most beautiful urban settings in the world and the cultural epicenter of Latin America's largest, fastest growing, and most dynamic economy
- Learn Portuguese through language instruction specifically designed for international students at Brazil's top higher education institution
- Volunteer at local NGOs, schools, and other organizations as part of an integrated CIEE community engagement program
- Immerse yourself in Brazilian academic and social life through homestays with local families, combined with studies on a vibrant urban university campus
- Witness firsthand the legendary economic and cultural development that defines Brazil today
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2019||03/06/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Academic Year||2019||03/06/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.