|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Housing Options:||Dormitory, Home Stay|
|Areas of Study:||Culture, History, International Relations, Internships, Law, Literature, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, Spanish||Class Status:||3-junior|
|Program Type:||study abroad||Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
With a solid background in Spanish language, you're perfectly poised to get the most of all Barcelona has to offer – storied museums, towering cathedrals, avant-garde architecture, savory tapas, the works of superstar artists like Dali, Picasso, and Miró, and so much more. Every outing, plus a weekend adventure beyond the city, supplements lessons in your Spanish-led classes and enhances your understanding of this vibrant Catalan capital.
GAIN FLUENCY FAST WITH YOUR COMMUNITY COMMITMENT
to speaking Spanish at all times -chatting with Spanish peers in language exchanges, hanging out with your host family, working on a group project with classmates, and exploring city sights.
LIVE LIKE A NATIVE BARCELONAN
in a cosmopolitan university city that's rooted in ancient tradition and committed to the future.
GET WORK EXPERIENCE
and a behind-the-scenes look at a publishing, marketing, business, school, or NGO with an internship.
Excursions & Activities
- See the largest and broadest collection of Salvador Dali's works with a guided visit to the Dalí Museum in Figueres.
- Step back centuries in time with a tour of Roman ruins in the coastal city Tarragona.
- See Barcelona and the coast from spectacular heights atop Tibidabo Mountain.
- Explore life beyond Barcelona with a weekend in another Spanish city, and discover the treasures of the country.
Internships provide students with practical experience at NGOs, schools, publishing companies, marketing agencies, businesses, and more. Internships include weekly classroom components that enrich the experience.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|