|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Housing Options:||Dormitory, Home Stay|
|Areas of Study:||Asian Studies, Business, Chinese, Classical Studies, Communication, Communications, Culture, Humanities, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Linguistics, Literature, Mandarin, Political Science, Sociology, Urban Studies||Class Status:||2-sophomore|
|Program Type:||study abroad||Language of Instruction:||Chinese, English|
With 22 million Chinese-speaking people to share the city with, there's no better place to hone your intermediate or advanced language skills than Beijing. In addition to immersing yourself in the fascinating culture and receiving instruction from respected professors, you'll be surrounded by awe-inspiring icons like the Great Wall and Forbidden City. All of this makes study abroad in Beijing an experience you'll remember forever.
CHOOSE FROM THE LARGEST SELECTION
of language electives in China at the prestigious Peking University.
MAKE MARKED LANGUAGE PROGRESS
with up to 20 hours of classroom instruction a week plus one-on-one tutoring.
EXPLORE BEYOND BEIJING
with excursions to other cities or rural areas.
Excursions & Activities
- Visit fascinating sites loaded with history, like Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City.
- Get out the city for a long weekend to an alluring destination like Xi'an, Hangzhou, or Nanjing.
- Try something new with a class in calligraphy, painting, seal carving, or martial arts.
- Keep your language skills polished even when you travel, thanks to Chinese students who come along to help you practice.
- Peer Language Tutor program. To ensure progress in linguistic and cultural fluency, each student is paired with a PKU student for one-on-one Chinese language tutorials for three hours a week. Tutors practice conversation and help with homework. Friendships often develop, and students often cite this as one of the program's best features.
- Target language meals. To encourage students to use improving Chinese, CIEE periodically arranges for students to share meals with tutors or Chinese friends and instructors.
- Volunteering. Connect with Chinese people and give back. Share meals and crafts with autistic children or teach English at a school for blind children.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Chinese culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|