|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Housing Options:||Apartment|
|Areas of Study:||Architecture, Art, Culture, Design, Engineering, Urban Studies||Class Status:||2-sophomore|
|Language of Instruction:||English|
Welcome to our cutting-edge studio in the heart of Prague, where you’ll experiment integrating methods of simulation, computational design, and programming as well as social sciences to push current technological advancements further. Challenge yourself to make the most of natural and built resources, reduce the environmental footprints of our buildings, and provide healthy environments. All the while, you’ll be inspired by 1,000 years of remarkable design in every style – everywhere you look.
at the Architectural Institute (ARCHIP) in Prague. The first international school of its kind, ARCHIP is located in a building at Prague 7, which is also a part of the Center for Contemporary Art. ARCHIP offers an opportunity to take classes with students from more than 35 countries around the world!
Prague’s impressive range of architectural styles that include Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo, Cubism, and more.
in a ground-breaking design project intended to improve city living.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore Prague Castle, Old Town, the modern Vila Muller, the theater, and opera.
- Investigate particularly interesting places, like a gentrification pattern that stretches to the suburbs, a natural corridor that includes old port structures, and the city’s largest Asian market.
- Visit a mining town that’s being reconstructed with a new identity.
- Take an overnight trip to a city like Brno, Vienna or Copenhagen, and get a sense of how the architecture and culture is different from Prague.
- Travel even more with optional trips organized by an international student travel company to Berlin, Krakow, and Vienna (additional fees apply).
- Collaborate on design projects in small groups with people from diverse backgrounds, including Czech students and architects.
- Meet and learn from visiting faculty and professionals via lectures and critiques.
- Connect virtually with other CIEE students as they tackle the same design issues in other cities.
- Travel together with CIEE GAD students from other cities to exchange ideas and experiences.
- Join a student group that sparks your interest in art, community service, film, music, sports or theater, and see how Czech students are similar and different from U.S. students.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Czech culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2019||03/06/2019 **||Rolling Admission||08/26/2019||12/21/2019|
|Academic Year||2019||03/06/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.