|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Housing Options:||Dormitory|
|Areas of Study:||Communication, Communications, Computer Science, Culture, Engineering, Information Design, Sciences, Urban Studies||Class Status:||2-sophomore|
|Program Type:||study abroad||Language of Instruction:||English|
Electrical engineering, software development, manufacturing processes, wireless/mobile communications – you'll find all the robust engineering and tech courses you're looking for at Dublin City University. Beyond the lively, modern campus, you'll gain insights of a different nature, as you explore thousands of years of Irish culture and heritage in this welcoming, high-spirited city.
STUDY AT A HIGH-TECH UNIVERSITY
founded to arm the workforce with skills in science, computer technology, business, and electronics. (It also has 27 research centers.)
of easy access to downtown Dublin – a youthful city where more than half the residents are under age 25.
GET TO KNOW IRISH STUDENTS
with shared on-campus dorms, and by joining student clubs, volunteering, and more.
Excursions & Activities
- Get to know Dublin with guided visits to museums, cathedrals, galleries, and historic sites.
- See traditional Irish culture at its best in Ireland's medieval city of Kilkenny.
- Travel back centuries in time in Ireland's National Heritage Park in Co. Wexford. See how the ancient and medieval Irish lived in this re-creation of life through the ages.
- Engage in campus life by joining a campus society or club – from drama to travel, there's something for everyone.
- Take advantage of the University's state-of-the-art swimming complex.
Volunteering. Gain practical experience teaching, working with teens, or pitching in at an organization like North Dublin Cooperative, Fighting Words, or the Writers Museum.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Irish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2020||10/09/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.