Study Abroad in IRELAND
Burren College of Art
About this Program
Find your inspiration on the beautiful west coast of Ireland! Hone your craft with a small cohort of devoted and practicing artists on the grounds of a restored 16th-century castle. With your own dedicated studio space and individualized tutorials, unlock your creativity and pursue your passion with undivided attention.
Located on the west coast of Ireland in County Clare, The spectacular bare and stoney beauty of Burren has inspired poets and artists alike including poet, W.B. Yeats, painter,Sir Sidney Nolan, and artist, Seamus Heaney to name a few. The historic countryside includes megalithic tombs, prehistoric burial mounds, Bronze and Iron Age forts, ancient settlements, churches, monasteries, and medieval castles.
- Live and learn in a beautiful retreat-like setting located in a UNESCO world heritage site (a restored 16th-century castle)
- The international faculty offers one-on-one mentoring and develops close relationships with students
- Take a balance of specialized studio art courses, interdisciplinary studio art courses, and liberal arts courses
- Enjoy very large personal studio spaces
- Studio programs meet the requirements of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- An independent studio option allows you to work on your own under the supervision of a faculty member
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the Next Step!
6201 Corporate Drive, Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278