Transportation To & From Oxford
Arrival Day and Departure DayWe provide transportation to and from the Memphis International Airport on our official Arrival Day and Departure Day. Please check our calendar for dates and communicate with us before booking your flight for Arrival Day. We ask that you arrive before 10:00 pm on Arrival Day. Please make sure you submit your arrival and departure information into the online Study Abroad Office application to ensure a reserved spot on the shuttle to Oxford. We will collect Departure information before the end of each semester, so you are not required to submit departure information as part of the application.
If you are considering arriving before the Official Arrival Day you should contact us at email@example.com as soon as possible to confirm that housing is available at your planned time of arrival. Shuttle pick-ups on days before or after the official Arrival Day will cost $85 or more per student.
Getting Around OxfordOxford offers a public transportation system called O.U.T. [Oxford University Transit]. There are several routes, and the route and schedule information is included in the welcome packet you will receive upon arrival.
- Many UM students, staff, and faculty bike to and on campus. You can rent or purchase a bike to use during your time at Ole Miss.
- Wal-Mart offers generic brand bikes that will be suitable for short commutes to and from class.
- Oxford Bicycle Company, on Jackson Avenue, sells new and used road bikes and mountain bikes.
- The Ole Miss Bike Shop allows students to rent a bike for the semester. Please visit the Ole Miss Bike Shop website for more information.
- If you have a smartphone, you can download Uber or Lyft. These are the ride-share apps that most students prefer to use. You request a ride and set your location. A photo of your driver and vehicle details will show up. You can see their location and how far away they are on the map.
- To call a taxi, call the phone number and given them your name, location, how many people need a ride, and what time you need to be picked up.
- Taxi options are below.
Austin Taxi - 662-832-9705
Angel Taxi - 662-550-4302
Daniel's Taxi - 662-816-9626
Rock Star Taxi - 662-701-7019
Varsity Taxi - 662-832-2197
Need A Ride Taxi - 662-607-2631
Taxi Jackson - 662-268-9969
Getting to and from Memphis (other than on official Arrival and Departure Days)Outreach Ole Miss offers a shuttle service to and from Memphis International Airport. If you want to book a shuttle please visit the Airport Shuttle webpage and fill out the request form at least 6 business days before your flight. The cost is approximately $85 per person for a One Way Shuttle and $135 per person Round Trip.