Passport Acceptance Facility
IMPORTANT NOTE: Our Passport Acceptance Facility is closed and passport appointments have been suspended until further notice, to encourage social distancing and to limit the spread of COVID-19. If you need assistance with the passport application process, please visit the U.S. State Department’s website at travel.state.gov to find a list of other Passport Acceptance Facilities that may be open.
The Study Abroad Office, located in 318 Martindale, is an authorized Passport Acceptance Facility.
On-site services include:
- Accepting and mailing United States passport book and passport card applications
- Taking passport-sized photos ($10)
In order to accept your application, please bring in the following items:
- Passport Application
- There are several different applications. The US Department of State has a list of applications that are necessary depending on age, whether you are a new applicant or have had a passport in the past, etc. Please visit the US Department of State website to find the appropriate application.
- Supporting documents
- See the US Department of State website for the list of supporting documents.
- You can take your photo on-site at the Study Abroad Office! Passport photos are $10.
- Other acceptable photo locations are CVS and Walgreen's. The photo must be a passport-sized photo (2" x 2"), in color, and on photo paper. Other requirements apply. Visit the US Department of State's website for guidelines on passport photos.
- Passport Fees
- These fees are determined by the US Department of State. Current passport fees are noted on its website.
- The passport fee must be submitted as a check or money order. One check or money order is made out to the US Department of State to be sent with your application, and the fee is based on the service you have requested. One check or money order is made out to the University of Mississippi for the execution fee ($35) and ID photo fee ($10 if applicable).
- Checks cannot be temporary checks.
- We cannot bill to the Bursar Account.
Appointments must be made at the online appointment calendar here: https://getapassport.youcanbook.me/. Appointments are in 30-minute intervals from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm each weekday in 318 Martindale.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Applications for passport renewals are often able to be done by mail. To check eligibility for renewal by mail, visit the US Department of State website regarding renewal by mail.
- Note: Our office cannot process renewals unless you meet certain requirements. Please click here to see if you are eligible for renewal in person at the Study Abroad Office.
- If you are traveling within 3 weeks of application, you should apply at a National Passport Center. Expedited applications can be made at the Study Abroad Office; however, if you are departing less than 3 weeks from application, to be safe we recommend that you make in-person arrangements at a National Passport Center.