Programs > Brochure
Study at The University of Mississippi - Exchange and Study Abroad Students
Oxford, United States (Exchange Program) (Incoming Program)
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Non-UM applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.0||Housing Options:||Dormitory, Independent|
|Areas of Study:||See Academics Page||Class Status:||2-sophomore, 3-junior, 4-senior, 5-graduate student, 6-other|
|Program Type:||study abroad||Language of Instruction:||English|
We are excited that you are considering studying at the University of Mississippi. Programs are available throughout the year for the academic year, fall or spring semester, and summer terms. Please speak with the exchange coordinator at your home university before beginning the application process.
Please send student nominations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the students apply or shortly after. If the student is being nominated as an exchange student, please let me know. Graduate students should email email@example.com BEFORE applying.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONSThroughout the application process you will be asked to provide several documents. Below is a comprehensive list of all documents that will need to be submitted during the application process. An admissions decision and visa support documents cannot be made until the application is complete.
- All students must fill out the UM Online Application in addition to the Study Abroad Application located on this page. If you are an undergraduate student or are going to take only undergraduate classes, fill out the undergraduate application. Graduate students should email firstname.lastname@example.org before applying to get specific instructions.
- Scan of your passport identification page
- Academic Transcript (records) from home university (in English). Students must have at least a 2.0 GPA from their home university to be considered for admission.
- We require proof of English language proficiency to be considered for admission at the University of Mississippi. English proficiency is required in order to be in compliance with the University of Mississippi and to ensure academic success of the student. We accept the TOEFL iBT, TOEFL PBT, IELTS, PTE-A, and rPDT TOEFL scores. A letter of English proficiency should not be submitted if any of the English test scores are available. Letters of English proficiency should only be written for students who have English abilities well above our required test scores. A letter of English proficiency cannot be submitted retroactively; it can only be submitted at the time of application. Once an English test score has been submitted, a letter of English proficiency cannot be accepted and the English test score disregarded.
- Affidavit of Financial Support: FinancialAffidavit.pdf
- Evidence of Sufficient Funds (this can be a bank statement, a letter stating that you have the funds to support your term abroad, a letter from your bank, etc.)
- If you are being nominated as an exchange student, your exchange coordinator must email email@example.com to confirm this or upload a letter of exchange nomination.
- A list of courses you are interested in taking while at The University of Mississippi. This does not guarantee enrollment, but tells us what subject(s) you plan to study.
Graduate Students Only - Email firstname.lastname@example.org before applying. We will need a letter of good standing from your current master's program. This is just a statement that you are in good standing, not a letter of recommendation.
Medical Documents: Medical Documents.pdf *Required for course registration, but not admission.
|Admission Recommendation||TOEFL iBT||TOEFL PBT||IELTS||PTE-A||rPDT TOEFL|
|Full Academic Program||79 or above||550 or above||6 or above||53 or above||no section sub score lower than 17|
|Can take academic courses but must enroll in IE 090/091||69 - 78||523 - 549||5.5 - 5.99||47 - 52|
|Full Intensive English Program||68 or below||522 or below||5.49 or below||46 or below|
If you have any questions or concerns about our program or the application process, please contact us at:
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2019||03/06/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.