Programs > Brochure
IFSA- Contemporary India in Pune
Pune, India (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Alliance for Global Education|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Housing Options:||Home Stay|
|Areas of Study:||Anthropology, Asian Studies, Culture, Economics, Environmental Studies, Film, Gender Studies, History, International Studies, Internships, Media Studies, Other Language and Literature, Political Science, Pre-Health, Social Policy and Administration, Sociology, Women's Studies||Program Type:||internship abroad, study abroad|
|Language of Instruction:||English|
Study Abroad in INDIA with IFSA
About the program
Head to Pune to discover contemporary India! Explore the unique issues facing the world's largest democracy as a multi-cultural society and rising superpower. Courses span from social justice to development economics as well as an intensive field-based component. Plus, you will live in a homestay to become part of an Indian family's life and traditions.
Looking for a top spot to study contemporary India? Head to Pune! You can celebrate traditional Indian festivals in the old city, learn classical Indian music and dance, or find yourself in a maze of magnificent historical architecture. At the same time, Pune is a youthful and progressive city with a growing music and art scene and an established development hub. This balance of city life, an international landscape, and uniquely Indian roots attract scholars and practitioners from all over India and the world. In Pune, you not only study contemporary India—you live it.
- Explore contemporary India as a complex yet unified multi-cultural, multi-linguistic, religiously pluralistic democracy, and rising economic superpower through 15 credits of coursework.
- Pursue your own academic interests and distinguish yourself professionally by completing an internship, directed research project, or documentary film.
- Engage with Indian culture through co-curricular classes in traditional Indian vocals, instruments, or dance.
- Participate in local activities and excursions to explore Pune and the surrounding area.
- Live like a Pune resident with an Indian host family and commute to campus via auto rickshaw.
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
- Visit our website for more information about Contemporary India program, including course syllabi, housing arrangements, and co-curricular activities.
- Contact your Student Services Manager at 800-858-0229 or http://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278
|Dates / Deadlines:|