|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Housing Options:||Dormitory, Home Stay|
|Areas of Study:||Art History, Culture, Economics, Film, Food Communications, Literature, Spanish||Class Status:||2-sophomore|
|Program Type:||study abroad||Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish|
Coastal Alicante has a relaxed feel and a rich culture sure to inspire you to learn all that you can about Spanish heritage. This summer, explore the Mediterranean region for four or eight weeks, and choose courses in cinema and Spanish culture - all taught in English.
LIVE WITH A SPANISH FAMILY
and drink in the language as you live like a resident of this festive city.
FAST-FORWARD YOUR SPANISH LANGUAGE SKILLS
or get a deep look into cinema or Spanish culture.
BROADEN YOUR PERSPECTIVE OF SPAIN
with an overnight excursion and day trips full of remarkable sites.
Excursions & Activities
- Tours and activities include visits to emblematic sites like like Santa Bárbara Castle, the Archaeological Museum of Alicante, and the Old Quarter.
- See more of Spain for a broader cultural picture with one overnight trip per session:
- Valencia, north of Alicante on the Mediterranean coast to explore the historic city center and cathedral.
- ?Granada, explore monuments like the Arabic palace Alhambra, cathedral, and Royal Chapel.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|