|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Minimum GPA:||2.75||Housing Options:||Dormitory|
|Areas of Study:||Business, Culture, Economics, European Studies, History, International Relations, Literature, Management, Polish Language and Literature, Political Science, Sociology||Class Status:||2-sophomore|
|Program Type:||study abroad||Language of Instruction:||English, Polish|
The quintessential city of grit, Warsaw is a unique and inspiring place to immerse yourself in European studies. The capital of Poland is one of Europe’s most dynamic cities filled with cultural, political, and economic institutions. There’s no shortage of opportunities to discover Warsaw’s multi-layered history; kick your Polish language study into high gear; and join the lively Polish student lifestyle.
GET A FIRSTHAND LOOK
at Poland’s successful transformation from a state-controlled system to a democratic, market-based system.
the European Union and the European economy while living in the heart of it.
the Tri-City region of Gdansk, Gdynia, and Sopot for a close look at the history of immigration and the Solidarity movement.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore life beyond the city on day-long study tours to smaller Polish towns such as Gniezno or Lublin, and an overnight trip to the royal city of Kraków. Delve into 1,000-year-old Wieliczka salt mines, or learn about World War II tragedies in the Auschwitz State Museum. The possibilities change every semester.
- Punch your ticket for opera and ballet performances, classical music concerts, and a variety of other cultural events.
- Volunteering. The CIEE staff can help you find a volunteer role that will give you experience as you connect with Polish people, and give back.
- Internships. Talk to CIEE staff about exploring internships that provide hands-on professional experience at a state institution or nongovernmental organization.
- Cultural reimbursement. Grab a friend and go see a Polish film, ballet, theater, or opera performance – CIEE will reimburse you for the cost of tickets.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Polish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|