|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Minimum GPA:||2.75||Housing Options:||Dormitory|
|Areas of Study:||Acting/Performance Art, Arabic, Arabic Language and Literature, Architecture, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Communication, Communications, Computer Science, Culture, Design, Earth Science, Economics, Education, Engineering, English, Environmental Studies, Film, Gender Studies, Geography, Government, Health Science, History, International Relations, Journalism, Liberal Arts, Linguistics, Literature, Math/Statistics, Mathematics and Statistics, Media Studies, Middle Eastern Studies, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Health, Sciences, Sociology, Studio Art, Studio Arts, Theatre, Urban Design, Urban Studies, Women's Studies||Class Status:||2-sophomore|
|Program Type:||study abroad||Language of Instruction:||Arabic, English|
With the world’s tallest structure and a man-made archipelago in the shape of a palm tree, the United Arab Emirates will fascinate you with its engineering feats alone. Add its location along the Persian Gulf and rich oil reserves that feed into the global economy, and it’s a truly interesting place to see how tradition and modern life converge, while you learn about Arabian culture and develop your Arabic language skills.
ATTEND A CUTTING-EDGE UNIVERSITY
with students from 93 nations.
RAMP UP YOUR ARABIC LANGUAGE SKILLS
while you learn about the UAE’s impact on global business and cultural exchange.
SEE MORE OF THE GULF REGION
with trips to Dubai, Al-Ain, and Abu Dhabi.
Excursions & Activities
- See the world from Dubai's highest tower, Burj Khalifa.
- Try the traditional mode of local transportation – camel.
- Count stars in the night sky on a desert safari.
- See more of the region, such as Al Ain Oasis (known for its underground irrigation system), Dubai and Abu Dhabi, where old (like the largest mosque in the UAE, Sheikh Zayed Mosque) meets new; Masdar City (moving toward use of only solar and other renewable energies); and Oman, a country in stark contrast to conservative UAE.
- Visit Sharjah museums, galleries, and traditional souks.
- Jump into university life with student clubs, and connect with UAE and other international students.
- Volunteer and give back through local NGOs or participate in university student clubs and organizations. It’s a great way to get closer to the Emirati community.
- Meet up with a conversation partner to coax along your growing Arabic skills.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Emirati culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2020||10/09/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.