We provide transportation to and/or from the Memphis International Airport on our Official Arrival and Departure Days. Please check our calendar for dates. We ask that you arrive before 10:00 pm on Arrival Day. Please make sure you submit your arrival and departure information into the online application to ensure a reserved spot on the shuttle to Oxford. We will collect Departure information before the end of each semester, so you are not required to submit departure information as part of the online application.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE DAYS
If you are considering arriving before the Official Arrival Day you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to confirm that a shuttle and housing are available at your planned time of arrival. Shuttle pick-ups on days before the Official Arrival Day will cost $85 or more per student.
IN OXFORDOxford offers a public transportation system called O.U.T. [Oxford University Transit]. There are several routes, and the route and schedule information is included in the welcome packet you receive upon arrival.
Bicycles – Many UM students and staff bike to campus. If you would like to purchase a bicycle to use during your time at Ole Miss you have several options.
- Wal-Mart offers generic brand bikes that will be suitable for short commutes to and from class.
- Oxford Bicycle Company, on Jackson Avenue, also sells new and used road bikes and mountain bikes
- The Ole Miss Bike Shop allows students to rent a bike for the semester. Please visit www.bike.olemiss.edu for more information.
- Angel Taxi: (662) 715-9382
- Oxford Taxi: (662) 701-7310
- Uber and Lyft are also available in the city of Oxford.